Department of Science, Technology &
In exercise of powers conferred under section 5 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (Central Act 29 of 1986) to the State Government vide Notification No. S. O. 881 (E) dated 22-09-1988 (published in the Gazette of India No. 749 dated 22-09-1988) and in exercise of powers conferred under section 64 of the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 (Central Act 6 of 1974) and under section 54 of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 (Central Act 14 of 1981), the Government of Goa, after due consultation with the Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) and in supersession of the earlier Notification No. 3/4/2003/-IND(XV)/985 dated 25-11-2004 issued by the Directorate of Industries, Trade and Commerce (DITC), is pleased to classify the industries for the purpose of consent management as well as their authorization by GSPCB into ‘Red’,‘Orange’ and ‘Green’, as under:—
I LIST OF INDUSTRIES UNDER ‘RED’ CATEGORY
I. A. Industries identified by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, as heavily polluting and covered under Central Action Plan; viz.
1. Aluminum Smelter.
3. Chlor alkali.
4. Copper smelter.
5. Distillery including fermentation industry.
6. Dyes & dye-intermediates.
8. Iron and Steel (involving processing from ore/scrap/integrated steel plants).
9. Oil refinery (Mineral oil or Petro refineries).
10. Pesticides (Technical) (excluding formulation).
11. Petro Chemicals (manufacture of & not merely use of as raw material).
12. Pharmaceuticals (basic) (excluding formulation).
13. Pulp & Paper (paper manufacturing with or without pulping).
14. Sugar (excluding Khandsari).
16. Thermal Power plants.
17. Zinc smelter.
18. Ship Breaking.
I. B. Industries manufacturing following products or carrying out following activities:–
20. Asbestos & Asbestos based industries.
21. Automobile manufacturing/Assembling (including paint shop).
22. Ayurvedic medicines involving fermentation, distillation etc.
24. Charcoal kiln.
25. Chemical, Petrochemical and Electro -chemicals including manufacture of acids such as Sulphuric acid, Nitric acid, Phosphoric acid etc.
26. Chlorates, Per Chlorates & Peroxides.
27. Chlorine, Fluorine, Bromine, Iodine & their compounds.
28. Coke making, Coal liquefaction, Coal tar distillation or fuel gas making, Coal gasification.
29. Common Bio-medical Waste Treatment Facility.
30. Common/Captive Hazardous WasteTreatment Facility.
31. Common Effluent Treatment Plant.
32. Construction of ships, barges, steel hull trawlers, dry docks etc.
33. Bulk cement terminals/depots.
34. Dry coal processing/mineral processing industries like ore sintering, pelletization etc.
35. Explosives including detonators, fuses etc.
36. Extraction of silver from photographic/ X-ray chemicals.
37. Extraction of fish oil.
38. Fat liquor for leather.
39. Fermentation industry including manufacture of yeast, beer.
40. Ferro manganese, ferro molybdenum, ferro titanium, ferro boron.
41. Fire crackers.
42. Foundries or process involving foundry operation.
43.Glass and fibre glass production & processing (excluding moulding).
44. Glue & Gelatine.
45. Heavy Engineering (excluding assembly).
46. Hot-mix plants.
47. Hospitals and Pathological laboratory.
48. Hydro cyanic acid and its derivatives.
49. Incineration plants.
50. Industrial carbon including electrodes &graphite blocks, activated carbon, carbon black etc.
51. Industrial or inorganic gases namely:–
(a) Chemical gases: acetylene, hydrogen,chlorine, fluorine, ammonia, sulphur dioxide, ethylene, hydrogen sulphide, phosphine.
(b) Hydro carbon gases: methane, butane, ethane, propane.
52. Industry or process involving electroplating operations.
53. Industry or process involving metal treatment or process such as pickling, paint stripping, heat treatment, phosphating or finishing, etc.
54. Inks (all types) and carbon paper.
55. Jetties, wharves, dry docks, loading facilities for iron or manganese ore, etc.
56. Lead reprocessing and manufacturing including lead smelting.
57. Lime manufacturing (excluding lime manufacturing by sea shell).
58. Manufacture of Lubricating oil, greases or petroleum based products.
59. Manufacture of Organic/Inorganic Chemicals.
60. Manufacture of printed circuit boards (LSE).
61. Milk processing or Dairy products (integrated project).
62. Mining of iron ore, manganese ore and/or bauxite.
63. Ore Beneficiation including dry screening plants/mobile screening plants/iron ore washing plants.
64. NPK Fertilizers and granulation.
65. Organic Chemical manufacturing.
66. Par boiled rice mills.
67. Paints & varnishes (excluding blending /mixing).
68. Petroleum products manufacturing and oil/crude oil/residues re-processing.
69. Phosphate rock processing plants.
70. Phosphorus and its compounds.
71. Pigments and intermediates.
72. Plaster of Paris items.
74. Potable Alcohol (IMFL) by distillation of Alcohol.
75. Power generating plants (excluding D.G.sets) using coal, naphtha, or other petroleum based products.
76. Process involving chlorinated hydro carbons.
77. Ready mix concrete plant.
78. Secondary production and/or industrial use of zinc, copper, nickel, lead or other heavy metals.
79. Barge and trawler breaking.
80. Silicon defoamer and Silicon emulsion.
81. Slaughter houses.
82. Steel and steel products including coke plants involving use of any of the equipments such as blast furnances, open hearth furnace, induction furnace or arc furnace, rotary kiln (sponge iron plants) etc. or any of the operations or processes such as heat treatment, acid pickling, rolling or galvanizing etc.
83. Stone crushers.
84. Surgical and Medical products involving prophylactics and Latex (manufactured from basic raw materials).
85. Synthetic detergents and soaps (not covered under orange & green list).
86. Synthetic fibre including rayon, tyre cord, polyester filament yarn from basic raw materials.
87. Synthetic resins.
88. Synthetic rubber excluding moulding.
89. Tobacco products including cigarettes & tobacco processing.
90. Vegetable oils including solvent extracted oils, hydro-generated oils (excluding repacking and coconut oil extraction).
91. X-ray chemicals, colour paper developer, colour negative film developer, Depamer of various grades, turkey red oil, Brightening agent, Calcium alkyl benzil sulphonate.
92.Yarn and textile processing involving scouring, bleaching, dyeing, printing or any effluent/emission generating process.
93. Manufacture of tyres, tubes & flaps etc.using natural and synthetic rubber.
II. LIST OF INDUSTRIES UNDER ‘ORANGE’ CATEGORY
1. Additive for concrete-waterproofing compounds and other similar compounds.
2. Assembling of automobiles excluding paint shops.
3. Automobile service stations including repairs and painting.
5. Bio-tech industries.
6. Bottling of liquefied petroleum gas.
7. Brick from mining rejects.
8. Brick manufacturing.
9. Cashewnut processing plants (dry and wet process including roasting/cooking process and production of cashew shell nut liquid oil).
10. Cement clinker grinding units.
11. Cotton ginning, spinning and weaving.
12. Diamond tools, diamond stone cutting tools, circular saw blades and wire saw blades.
13. Distillery including blending and mixing (excluding fermentation industry).
14. Silica ramming mass, moulded coat.
15. Electrical/telephone cable including jelly filled cables & optical fibre cables.
16. Emulsifying catalyst.
17. Extraction of all types of oil excluding fish oil.
18. Fish processing and meat processing units.
19. Flour mills (excluding domestic Aatta Chakki).
20. Food additives, colours, essence, nutrients and flavours.
21. Food including fruits and vegetables processing (excluding repacking).
22. Footwear (Rubber & PVC).
23. Fragrances and industrial perfumes.
24. Godowns of authorized retail cement dealers.
25. Handmade paper.
26. Hotels/Resorts/Spas including tented/temporary lodging facility.
27. Ice cream making.
28. Imitation jewellery.
29. Industrial solvents, Industrial cold pretreatment chemicals.
30. Instant coffee/tea repacking including blending and mixing.
31. Laboratory chemicals involving distillation,purification process.
32. Laboratory wares.
33. Laterite, Granite or Basalt Quarries.
35. Lead-acid battery reconditioning/assembling.
36. Lithium sulphur dioxide cells/batteries assembly.
37. Lubricating oil, greases or petroleum based products by blending and mixing.
38. Malted food.
39. Manufacturing and assembling of D.G. sets.
40. Manufacture, assembly & repairs of transformers using oil.
41. Manufacture of cosmetics and toiletries.
42. Manufacture of formulated synthetic detergent products.
43. Manufacture of mirror from sheet glass.
44. Manufacture of synthetic detergent intermediates (other than formulated synthetic detergent products).
45. Manufacture of soaps (process generating rade effluent).
46. Manufacture of tea cans by cutting,bending.
47. Manufacture of commercial vinegar (using acetic acid).
48. Manufacture of printed circuit boards (MSE/SSE).
49. Manufacture of Welding flux.
50. Masala grinding.
51. Metal treatment or process involving surface coating, powder coating and paint baking (excluding electroplating & anodizing).
52. Mobile D.G. sets.
53. Mosquito coil.
54. Moulded fibre glass products including FRP vessels.
55. M.S., stainless steel fabrication, switches,electrical panels, workshops for grills gates etc. involving powder coating and/or painting.
56. Multilayered laminated collapsible tubes.
57. Natural stones and marble cutting and polishing.
58. Non-alcoholic beverages soft-drinks.
59.Operation of commercial passenger/tourist vessels, house boats, floating restaurant (excluding ferry boats).
60. Ophthalmic lenses.
61. Organic nutrients/Bio-fertilizers.
62. Packing and filling of pesticides.
63. Paint by mixing and blending process.
64. Paints re-packing.
65. Pesticides/Insecticides/Fungicides/Herbicides/Agro-chemical formulation.
66. Petroleum products/crude oil storage and transfer excluding cross country pipeline.
67.Pharmaceuticals formulations/diagnostic and laboratory reagents & kits, antiseptics and disinfectants).
68. Photographic film cutting and repacking.
69. Plywood and Board manufacturing.
70. Pre-boiled rice mills.
71. Pre-cast concrete products like pavers,block and other concrete products including electrical poles etc.
72. Plastic processed goods and goods manufactured from nylon, plastic, polyesters, PVC by process of moulding and/or extrusion including filaments and fibres.
73. Power looms/handlooms/narrow woven fabrics & elastic tapes (without dyeing & bleaching).
74. P. P. Caps, aluminum bottles including Non refillable closures, Pet Preforms.
75. Printed Aluminium Collapsible tubes/Coated/laminated flexible packaging material of aluminium foil & polyethylene.
76. Pulping and fermenting of coffee beans.
77. Pulverizing of minerals.
78. Repair and servicing of ships, barges, steel hull trawlers etc.
79. Research & Development Laboratories and Quality Control Laboratories.
81. Sanitary napkins & diapers.
82. Saw Mills.
83. Sewage treatment plants and/or DG sets for town/cities/township projects, residential complexes, shopping malls etc.
84. Shell Grit.
85. Surgical and medical products involving effluent/emission generating processes.
86. Toughening and moulding of glass.
87. Tyres and tubes (re-treading & moulding).
88. Viscosity index improver, sulphurized karanjia oil, malaria larvisidal oil additive,
tackiness additive and other lube oil additives, including filtration of all types of oil.
89. Watch cases and bracelets.
90. Wax crayons, erasers, oil pastels.
91. Wire drawing (cold process) and bailing straps.
92. Zeolite molecular sieves.
III. LIST OF INDUSTRIES UNDER ‘GREEN’ CATEGORY
2. Apparel making.
3. Artificial implants.
4. Assembling of computer and computer peripherals.
5. Assembly of air coolers, conditioners and heaters.
6. Assembly of bicycles, baby carriage and other small non-motorised vehicles.
7. Atta-chakkies (Domestic and SSI Units).
8. Ayurvedic medicines and Vegetable/Herbal Extract (non-involving fermentation,distillation etc.).
9. Bakery products biscuits, confectionaries,vermicelli, pasta products.
10. Bamboo and cane products (only dry operations).
11. Block making for printing.
12. Bus seats, cushions & mattresses.
14. Cardboard or corrugated box and paper products (Paper or pulp manufacturing excluded).
15. Carpentry (excluding saw mill).
16. Carpet weaving.
17. Cashew kernel processing.
18. Cattle feed, poultry feed.
19. Chilling plants, cold storage and manufacture of ice.
20. Clay items.
21. Computer Stationary.
22. Cotton and woolen hosiery (except dyeing).
23. Cutting and repacking of plain & printed aluminum foils and printed blister foils.
24. Digital Thermometer.
25. Electronics and Electrical equipments and/or appliances (assembly).
26. Fire extinguisher refills and servicing.
27. FRP doors, frames and industrial parts.
28. Furniture (wooden and steel) including crates, spools etc. (except M. S. furniture including powder coating & painting).
29. Gold and Silver smithy.
30. Gold and Silver thread zari work.
31. Groundnut decorticating (dry).
32. Handloom weaving.
33. Ice candies.
34. Industrial gases, namely; Air, Oxygen,Nitrogen, Argon, Helium, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrous Oxide.
35. Instant tea/coffee, coffee processing (excluding blending, mixing andrepacking).
36. Insulation and other coated papers (Paper or pulp manufacturing excluded).
37. Khandsari sugar.
38. Leather footwear and leather Jobbing and machining.
39. Light engineering.
40. Manufacture of steel trunks and suit cases.
41. Manufacture of wines and country liquor by fermentation including blending, mixing and repacking.
42. Medical and surgical instruments.
43. Mild steel/aluminium fabrication, furniture without powder coating and or painting.
44. Musical instruments manufacturing.
45. Oil ginning/expelling (no hydrogenation/refining).
46. Optical frames.
47. Packaged water.
48. Packaging of Food including fruits & vegetables.
49. Paper pins and U-clips.
51. Printing press, offset printing, digital printing, flexi graphic printing & rotogravure printing.
52. Leather products excluding tanning and hide processing.
53. Programming and Software development (where sewage treatment plant and or generator sets are established).
54. Repacking of coconut oil.
55. Mushroom Culture.
56. Rice hullors.
57. Ropes and cordages & Fishnets made from natural and synthetic yarns or fibres.
58. Rubber goods industry (SSE).
59. Scientific and mathematical instruments.
60. Shoe lace manufacturing.
61. Sports goods.
62. Steeping and processing of grains.
63. Supari (betel nut).
64. Tailoring/garment making.
66. Wasting of used sand by hydraulic discharge.
67. Water softening and de-mineralized plants.
68. Writing instruments.
Note: Any industry/industrial activity, process or trades which do not fall under any of the above
mentioned categories, the decision with regards to their categorization/classification, will be taken by the Goa State Pollution Control Board, from time to time when such need arises, either suo motu or on the specific request by the Industrial unit. Industrial unit concerned may apply to the Goa State Pollution Control Board in this respect for necessary action.
This issues with approval of the Government vide U. O. No. 103 dated 20th June, 2011.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Goa.
Michael M. D’Souza, Director & ex officio